John ‘known as Jack’ Breheny, was born 5/06/1892 in Carracastle, County Mayo Ireland – Buried Townsville date TBC). On emigrating to Australia John and his two brothers changed their surname to Judge (after their grandmother’s maiden name). I don’t believe they did this officially, so will need to confirm this fact later in my research.
Can you see the resemblance John has to his mother Catherine Breheny. What a great photo as he looks so relaxed with his pipe.
John married Mary Kelly and they had six children, 3 girls and 3 boys.
- Margaret Patterson (nee Judge, youngest of siblings) living in Brisbane
- Ellen Judge (Brisbane, silent no)
- James Judge
- Kathleen Weber (nee Judge, Deceased)
- Patrick Judge (never married in Townsville)
- John ‘Junior’. John was married to Alma of Townsville (1952 – 1985 Died aged 53 of a car accident where a car hit him on his bicycle on his way home from working on the railways. When he died he still had two children still at school).